This Bluetooth Special Interest Group (“Bluetooth SIG”) User Code of Conduct (“Code of Conduct”) applies to any Bluetooth SIG website, application, database, or service (“Services”) that allows you to download, use, post, share, or upload content of any kind. Bluetooth SIG reserves the right to update this Code of Conduct at any time by posting an updated version and you should periodically review this Code of Conduct for changes.
Last Revised: May, 19, 2016.
Users of Bluetooth SIG Services
Services provided by Bluetooth SIG are designed for individuals 18 years of age or older. As a user of the Services, you agree to adhere to this Code of Conduct and you will be responsible for all content that you download, use, post, share, or upload. Users of the Services must also comply with all applicable local, national, and international laws. Bluetooth SIG is not responsible for user content and you should not download, use, post, share, or upload any content that may cause harm.
Improper Uses of Bluetooth SIG Services
You agree that when using the Services, you will not engage in or attempt to engage in any improper uses. Improper uses include the following:
- Violating any applicable law or regulation;
- Uploading, transmitting, or otherwise sharing any content you do not have the right to upload, transmit, or share;
- Uploading, transmitting, or otherwise sharing content that infringes any trademark, patent, trade secret, copyright, publicity, privacy, or other right of Bluetooth SIG or of any third party;
- Uploading or transmitting content that is unlawful, fraudulent, untrue, stalking, harassing, libelous, defamatory, abusive, tortious, threatening, obscene, hateful, abusive, harmful or otherwise objectionable as determined in Bluetooth SIG’s sole discretion;
- Causing damage to Bluetooth SIG’s business, reputation, employees, members, facilities, or to any other person or legal entity;
- Attempting to intercept, collect or store data about third parties without their knowledge or consent;
- Deleting, tampering with, or revising content posted by any other user unless otherwise permitted;
- Accessing, tampering with, or using non-public areas of the Services;
- Attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures;
- Attempting to access or search the Services or any network or system provided by Bluetooth SIG or used to operate the Services with any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism other than with software or search agents provided by Bluetooth SIG or generally available web browsers;
- Sending or attempting to send unsolicited commercial messages, including promotions or advertisements for products or services, “spam”, “chain mail” or “junk mail”;
- Using or attempting to use the Services or any network or system provided by Bluetooth SIG or used to operate the Services to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- Attempting to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Services, any network or system provided by Bluetooth SIG or used to operate the Services, or any user content provided in object code form;
- Interfering or attempting to interfere with the access of any user, including by sending a “virus” to the Services or any network or system provided by Bluetooth SIG or used to operate the Services, or overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “crashing,” or “mailbombing” any of the foregoing;
- Impersonating or misrepresenting your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Using the Services to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services or to advance any type of financial scam such as “pyramid schemes,” “Ponzi schemes,” unregistered sales of securities, and securities fraud; or
- Excessively high volume data transfers or bandwidth consumption, hosting of a web server, internet relay chat server, or any other server, and non-traditional end user activities.
Code of Conduct Violations
If Bluetooth SIG suspects violations of this Code of Conduct, Bluetooth SIG may institute legal action and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in bringing legal proceedings against violators. Bluetooth SIG may install, implement, manage, and operate one or more software, monitoring, or other solutions designed to assist in identifying or tracking user activities that Bluetooth SIG considers to be illegal or a violation of this Code of Conduct. Bluetooth SIG reserves the right to terminate access to the Services or remove user content at any time, with or without notice.
To report a violation of this Code of Conduct, please contact Bluetooth SIG at: CoC-ED@bluetooth.org.