This program for members allows the SIG to allocate a 16-bit Universally Unique Identifier (UUID) for use with a custom GATT-based service defined by the member.
Items related to UUIDs
- There is no limit on the number of UUIDs for Associate and Promoter Members
- Adopter Members are permitted to apply for an allocation of a maximum of two UUIDs
- The 16-bit UUID allocation program is extended until the initial allocation of 512 UUIDs has been allocated, the Program will be evaluated again after this time
- Members applying for a UUID may amend their application details for a period of 180 days after the initial application is approved
- BLUETOOTH SIG MEMBERS SHALL USE THE NUMBER ASSIGNED TO YOU BY BLUETOOTH SIG ONCE THE PROCESS IS COMPLETED. DO NOT ASSUME A SPECIFIC NUMBER IS AVAILABLE.
Please submit the following to Bluetooth Support:
- Company name
- Company contact
- Company contact email address
- Company address
- Number of 16-bit UUIDs requested
- Maximum of two per Adopter member company
- For each UUID requested, provide:
- Custom service name
- Detailed custom service description that explains the purpose of the service while also describing at least one use case illustrating how the service may be used
16-bit UUID Assigned Numbers
/nas/content/live/bluetoothstage/wp-content/uploads/tables/16-bit-uuid-for-members.csv is an Invalid Spreadsheet file.